OCEM provides high quality power electronics systems for facilities involved in studying the nature of particles and for medical treatment centers. Our activity in research and development of systems for particle physics applications comprises a big part of our core business.
The power supplies for coils and magnets aim to deliver highly stabilized currents for the most critical applications, in warm and cryogenic environments, with the following characteristics:
- Currents up to 50.000 Amperes
- Stability and resolution up to 5ppm
- Wide range of topologies using IGBTs, MOSFETs, SCRs, GTOs, IGCTs
- Wide range of control methods: Resonant and double resonant, PWM, PSM, active filters, linear
- Air or water cooling
- Redundancy and modularity, in order to increase the fault tolerance and the reliability of the system
- Remote control
- High immunity against EMI
- Easy diagnostics and easy maintenance due to planar architectures
- More than 3500 custom power converters have already been delivered for scientific applications to top-rated performing laboratories around the world.
Over the years, we have dedicated resources to medical applications for the most advanced hadron therapy centers worldwide. This is where OCEM has designed and manufactured hundreds of power supplies for magnets such as steerers, dipoles, quadrupoles, sextupoles, septum and scanning magnets.
The installation and technical product support teams perform full customer service for those facilities built to operate at least 30 years which require with the need for long term availability and reliability.
Our list of references makes us one of the unique companies with power supplies continuously in operation for more than 35 years!